Today we shared appreciations for::
- people who helped us with writing ideas
- tribe members who helped each other stay on task
- some students just appreciated being in the class and not having to move like some other classes
- friends working together to make cards for Mr. Carter (our custodian of 14 years has left our school to work at Central)
- and for friends who shared books with others.
In Art, we learned about the 7 elements of design. We are going to learn about the art principle called balance this year.
In health and phys. ed., we started finding out our heart rate and monitoring our fitness. We are doing fitness stations, like bean bag relay and standing long jump.
In all of our subjects, we are thinking more about fairness and we read Mr. Peabody's Apples by Madonna. We also talked about our digital footprints and how to be careful what we put on the internet.
In French, we are reviewing and practising numbers, days of the week and months of the year.
Next week we are going to read The Dot! Come back to find out what we did with the book.
The students of grade 6Pike :)